Friday, September 08, 2006

Grass

My 'pod' at work is about as close to the British Isles as I'm likely to get anytime soon. There's me, Scottish Stuart and the very Welsh Donna (I just wish I knew how to type in her accent!) Just across the way is Richard, recently arrived from Northern Ireland, so I feel very much at home in the pale skinned island in the middle of the office. Anyhow, we got to talking and, perhaps because I was involved in the conversation, we got onto the topic of chocolate and how it is different over here.

There's no mistaking the fact that Dairy Milk tastes different (although, of course, by now my taste is tuned to the NZ version) - I always thought that was a result of it being made to a more heat-friendly recipe. But no! Our Donna has been to the southern most Cadbury factory in the world - not Bournville, but Dunedin - where she learned that it's not the milk content in the chocolate that's different but the grass content in the milk that's different!

Now I think that's incredible. Because New Zealand cows chew cud from greener pastures, the flavour of untouched grass filters through to my favourite slab of yumminess!

I always knew chocolate was healthy! ; )

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Great to hear from you! Looking forward to hearing more Kiwi insights and find out more about what you are up to. I only have 6 and a half weeks until the baby is due and feel that I have been eating too much of the chocolate and cookies, grass content aside!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

hey

good work on setting up a blog.

chocolate is made from two main ingredients. the cocoa bean is the fruit of the cocoa plant, therefore it is a fruit. fruit = healthy

milk comes from grass. grass grows in the ground, therefore it is a vegetable. vegetable = healthy.

fruit and a vegetable in one product. fantastic.

i made some chocolate brownies the other day with courgette in them. far too healthy.

phil :o)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

WHere have you gone Suzanne? Tell us about New Zealand life! Baby due in 6 days...

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home